Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A Poetical Beginning

Anybody who knows me well knows how incompetent I feel around poetry. What can be a better reason than that to start my blog with a poetical composition of my own!! - the one and only so far (and hopefully forever).

This is inspired by and dedicated to an unexpectedly poetically inclined friend. (Who? Whyyyy do you need to know that?)

Crock & Crumb

I sit here and wonder if I am really that dumb
For poetry leaves me feeling rather numb
When I hear it, all I can do is twiddle my thumb
Argh, what a crock has it turned out to be, this maiden poetical crumb!



There! So, shoot me!!


9 comments:

Unknown said...

WHERE THE HELL IS MY GUN???
:P
Welcome to the blog world :D

PS: Who inspired you anyway? eh???

Tiya said...

Um...yes. Now that you've got that out of your system, les hope ou never feel inclined to poetry again! Hope you keep writing

Neha said...

haha! Poetry from u???!! NEVER thought i'd see that :p!

Must grab that "poetry inclined" friend of urs and make him/her ( probably her :p) make u swear off poetry :P!!

Just kidding!! First time i'm visiting ur blog...im gonna read on!

Grean Sleeves said...

nobody likes my poetry :( sniff!!

botonica said...

Alas you have proven your senses are'nt sublime,
for haiku or sonnets or words that rhyme.
dont wonder, or ponder or twiddle your thumb..
englove the right poet and you will succumb,
to Rumi to Ghalib to Robert Frost my friend,
Neither crock nor crumb your writings will send.

AR said...

wow
how?
that's it for now..
ciao!

-oya

botonica said...

Botonica has an identity crisis,
there are'nt too many blokes she entices.
Bewitchingly beautiful she is not, my verdant one,
but assuming she is, is more fun..
True colors she has none to expose,
Why the hell cant this botonica write in prose??!

Ruchi said...

wow!! one more blog to read, and you and poetry!! whoever inspired this to happen is great.

"Lady Namu" said...

ummm..uh...well...

never mind....